CONSOWA2017 offers scholarships, provided by CONSOWA and other Organizations (IUSS, EGU), for PhD (Dr) students and young researchers (less than 40 years old), mainly, but not only, from developing countries, to attend the Conference. Those scholarships will cover mainly registration fees, and in some special cases will include additional funds for accommodation and part of travel costs. The beneficiaries will have to present a communication (poster or oral) at the Conference, which will be the main factor to be considered for the selection.
The candidates should send, before 31 January 2017, the following items for the selection process:
- A letter asking for the scholarship, explaining the main reasons for it.
- Copy of passport.
- In the case of PhD (Dr) students, current registration at the university and valid student card.
- Copy of abstract (short and extended) submitted at the conference.
These items should be sent to the Selection Comittee appointed by CONSOWA: Ildefonso Pla <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The selected students and young researchers will be informed by March 15, 2017.
The ESSC provides 2 grants of 500€ each to 2 young researchers (less than 35 years old) members of the ESSC. The grants will support their participation to the CONSOWA CONFERENCE (Lleida, Spain, from 12 to 16 June 2017).
To apply for a grant just fill in the following grant application form and send it by e-mail to the President and to the Secretary of the ESSC (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than January 31th, 2017 together with:
- An extended abstract of the paper that the applicant wishes to present at the conference (four pages with: Introduction; Material and Methods; Results; Conclusions; Keywords);
- A short curriculum vitae of the applicant;
- A letter of presentation from the Institution/Department of the applicant.
Ad hoc ESSC Commission will evaluate the grants requests. Applicants will be notified of the Commission’s decision within March 1st, 2017.
ESSC Grant application form
- Place of birth.
- Date of birth.
- Presentation (oral/poster).
- Title of presentation.